Try as I did, I didn’t finish my closet reorganization by Friday. I think that’s partly because I had/have farther to go than most people and partly because I work a desk job during the day. Still, I’m pretty hopeful that I’ll finish by Monday.
What have I done so far?
- I decided to donate my wedding dress to charity.
- Hand washed all of my wool sweaters to store them for the summer.
- I found a dozen items in my closet that I no longer wear that are in resale condition, and I made an appointment to take them to a local consignment shop.
- I found another dozen items that are reusable but aren’t upscale enough for a consignment shop. They’ll be headed for the Kiwanis Thrift Sale.
- I bought and hemmed curtains that will serve as my closet door. (When we moved into our house, most of the closet doors had been removed.)
What’s left to do?
- Finish putting away the clothes I like and still wear.
- Hang the curtains.
- Drop off the clothes that will be sold or donated.
- I have a handful of nice winter clothes. I need to decide whether to keep them to sell this fall or donate them now.
And as a reminder, this is what it looked like on Monday: